Thursday 3 July 2014

Goa - An experience I cannot forget!

I went to Goa with a lot of excitement, and my second blog post - Goa and Colours (Click here) is the proof. After that post, I was so into Goa that I completely forgot to blog about it. There are numerable things that I loved about Goa, but the thing I loved the most was probably the beaches.

Goa is known for its beaches and I surely loved them. For our stay, we went to South Goa. According to many people, the beaches in South Goa are much more beautiful. The reason is simple- the beaches in South Goa are not that crowded by tourists, when compared to the beaches in North Goa. Either way, the residents of our hotel had a private access to a part of the beach that was not available to outsiders- making it even better for us. The beach was around 10 minutes away from my room. I could go there any time I wanted to. The name of the beach was Cavelossom beach. Since it was only allowed for the residents, the beach looked untouched and much more beautiful.

During my 3 day stay, which was definitely not enough, I went to the beach everyday. The feeling I got when I stayed over there was very different than while I was around "buildings". It felt like I was away from reality. The weather was beautiful and relaxing. It was like magic- all my worries went away! When I put my bare feet on the sandy beaches, I got a different sensation. I was surprised. The sand was cooler than I expected. When the waves broke, I could feel the vibration passing through my feet. It was subtle and was very unusual (in a good way).


The best, however, was when I went further into the beach- the moment when the cool and light blue water touched my feet. I felt a rush of excitement and enjoyment surging through me every time the water touched my feet. It was sandy, but the feeling was extraordinary. Sometimes, the water came up the beach at tremendous speed! It splashed onto my legs and was as high as my knee. It did make my shorts wet, but the fun I had over weighed the disappointment.

There were two parts to the excitement- one which I already discussed, was when the waves were coming up the beach. The second is when the water goes back to the sea. While going back, the current was so strong, it made me feel like I was going into the sea. Instead, I was rooted at the same point on the ground. What actually did happen was probably inertia, but it felt like magic again.

Then comes the nature, which is SPLENDID. It was so beautiful. It was a contrast between the colours- green, blue, and white. They looked very good together. The trees were different near the beach. They had a much darker colour than what we found inland. It seemed like it was the colour of the forest. The water body, on the other hand, made me feel so tiny. The giant expanse of water, at first looked amazing. At a later stage, I realized that it is too much of water. Very random thoughts came to my mind, for instance- what will I feel like if I had to drink all of the water at once? It was an illogical and a crazy idea. The very thought of it made me feel like vomiting. That reminds me- the water trying to move me up or down the beach made me feel sea sick after some point. Later on, while I was lying in my bed, I still had that feeling that I was moving back and forth. It might sound bad at first, but it was worth it. The horizon and the sky was super, especially during sun rise or sun set. I always read about golden or orange coloured sun setting down the sea. This time I saw it through my own eyes, and trust me, it was a lot different that what is described in almost any book. The feeling was much better when I experienced it myself.

The last bit is the sound! There was a constant sound of tides forming and slowly battering down the beach. At first, it sounds so different. Eventually, I got adjusted to it. In fact, it managed to put me in a trance. My brother was calling me, and for the first five seconds, I couldn't even hear him!

From what I learned, even though all the beaches look the same, every beach has its own speciality. The feeling I got in three different beaches was actually different. To identify the difference, all I needed to do was forget about everything and focus. The experience I had in Goa was amazing and I will cherish these moments for the rest of my life!

A video of all the pictures I took in Goa (Except for the embarrassing ones of course!):-

       

No comments:

Post a Comment