Friday 20 June 2014

The making of my pie chart...

Till today I knew that there are 24 hours in a day! Actually, there are 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds in a day to be precise. It's unfair actually. Just when I thought that 24 hours is too less for me to do everything I want to, in a day... the internet tells me that I don't even have 24 hours! Life is unfair, but people say that once you make a timetable for yourself, everything will work out fine and it will seem very easy. I have made many time tables for myself! The purpose of the time tables was to make my life easier by helping me to do as many things as possible in a day. 
However, when summer vacation starts, all time tables are just stupid. I can't follow it- I JUST CAN'T. It is too difficult. I am way too lazy and I have every right to be. I planned to make this blog and write this post 20 days back (my summer vacations started then)... and now I have finally managed to take out time and write it! As I planned, this time, instead of making a time table, I will make a pie chart for myself. It will cover everything I do in an average day, that is - during summer vacations. This is my pie chart:- 
1. 

  Well... There are 24 hours that I have. Out of these 24 hours, I will keep putting down activities that I do almost everyday. 

2. Sleep and food is probably the most important out of all the tasks, as it keeps us healthy. But in my life, I have learnt that there is nothing more important than studies... the extent till which studies have affected me is truly great. IT MAKES ME FEEL MORE USELESS EVERYDAY! (only during summer vacations though). So here it is:- 

3. Now I can come to food and sleep. An average human being should sleep for at least 8 hours. And in no way am I average, I AM ABOVE IT. It is summer vacations... you must be thinking that I sleep for more than 8 hours, but NO. I sleep for only 6 hours everyday and sometimes, less than that. Reason? I will cover that in the next section (Patience everyone). Food- I love eating... it doesn't take me much time to eat. But now I take all the time I need to eat because IT IS SUMMER VACATIONS! 


4. World Cup- the reason for less sleep. According India Standard Time (IST), the world cup matches are held at 9:30 am, 12:30 am and 3:30 am. I am a football fan and missing the world cup will be a crime for me. So I have convinced myself to watch the first two matches and miss the third one, unless the third match is of a team I support. That reminds me...I support Argentina and Germany! They are my favourites. So to World Cup, I give 4 hours everyday. It is a must. I can't live without it. 

5. Being a football fan, it is just not enough to watch football matches. I love to play football. Three days a week, I go for football training at my sports club near my house. It is wonderful, not only because I love football, but also because I get to play with other football fanatics just like me. I play 2 hours everyday, and I still feel that it is not enough!

6. Playing with water is fun, swimming on your own is fun, but when it comes to some coach training you to swim, it becomes much more difficult. I have to be fit and I love swimming as well. That made me devote 1 hour every day from Tuesday to Friday, only to swimming. I have to wake up as early as 8:30. It is painful but once I am in the pool, I can say that it is worth it. 

7. Then comes my time for recreation! I have mainly three things to do... Either I play games (Video games on my console), or I watch a movie on my laptop (If there are any good movies) or I watch a TV show. Generally, I go with TV shows (only the ones in English). It is like a marathon of completing as many episodes I can. If the TV show is very addictive, I skip everything and just watch the shows. Life becomes so much simple then!

8. And finally, the 1 hour that is remaining is just for Internet. YES! I love surfing the net, even though it is mainly Facebook! It is the only time when I get to be updated with technology- Important!

And this was my final pie chart (they are not in any particular order). This is only for the summer vacations. There are countless number of things that I do want to do other than what I have already mentioned. But, it seems that as I grow up, there seems to be less time than the previous years. I have to accept it, just like the way I accepted the fact that there are actually 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds in a day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment